Set up deployments by creating an application and selecting your method of deployment.
Deployments are used as the data source of Deployments Insights, which provides visibility into the frequency and quality of deployments
- Deployment frequency & total count of deployments
- Change failure rate (CFR), or how often you deploy defects into production
- Mean time to recovery (MTTR), the average time it takes to address defects
Setting up deployments
- Navigate to Settings / Deployments
- Create a new application to configure the deployments for
- Configure your deployment data source (see below for source specific instructions)
Deployment data sources
You can use a variety of data sources for getting deployments to show on Swarmia:
- Merged pull requests — use merges into a specific branch as the proxy for deployments.
- GitHub checks — automatically create deployments from your CI/CD pipeline based on repository, check, and branch configurations
- Deployments API — send deployment information directly, supports multiple environments